Committee Selection Tasting
Thursday 30th May 2019 at 8:01pm
Wynn's Hotel, Abbey St., Dublin 2
Update: Wed 29th May - The event is sold out.
Waiting list full.
This month we've been working hard to present some excellent whiskeys together as a Society. Join your Committee team on May 30th at 8:00pm in Wynn’s Hotel for a wide and varied tasting with some superb whiskeys selected...
We’ve been scanning the shelves, walking the pavements, asking the local whiskey shops, going back over tasting notebooks, and recalling favourites from past events… all to select some special whiskeys for the night.
Join us for a unique tasting with reflections on why each expression excited us the first time and why it still resonates with us to this day.
Join John, Jack, Branko, Brian, Colin, Peter, Liam and Fionnán with a line up of some of their favourites. We have eight standouts selected: Red Spot 15, Tyrconnell 15 Madeira, Powers John's Lane, Glendalough 13 Mizanura, Irishman 17 Single Sherry Cask, Dad's Hat Pennsylvania Rye Whiskey, Writers Tears Marsala Cask and Powers 1817 LVA 200th Anniversary Edition.
And a special guest on the night, Ger Garland will introduce us to the already legendary new Redbreast Dream Cask 20.
We very much look forward to seeing you, there’ll be some excellent whiskey with some fine stories and sips...
Redbreast Dreamcask 20 by Ger Garland abv 52.2%
- Red Spot 15, by John Shirey – 8 votes abv 46%
- Tyrconnell 15 Madeira Finish, by Colin Couper – 8 votes abv 46%
- Powers John’s Lane by Jack O’Shea – 20 Votes – The Winner! abv 46%
- Glendalough 13 Mizunara Finish by Brian Greene – 5 votes abv 46%
- The Irishman 17 Single Cask Sherry by Branko Mikovic – 5 votes abv 56%
- Writer Tears Floria Marsala Finish by Peter White – 11 votes abv 45%
- Powers 1817 LVA Anniversary by Liam Smith – 18 votes abv 46%
- Dad’s Hat Rye Whiskey by Fionnan O’Connor – 1 vote abv 45%