Special Tasting Series: Intensive Islay
SOLD OUT! Thursday February 13th 2019 at 7:30pm
Wynn's Hotel, Dublin 1.
We’ve been working for almost a year to pull this together; back one evening in March 2019 it began as a chat in the Dingle Whiskey Bar after one of Fionnán O'Connor's Tuesday evening Whiskey Classes. What was it like to go and visit Islay and could we put a shortlist of bottles together for a focused tasting for the Society... 11 months later the bottles are ready, the presenters confirmed and the room booked...
Please join us to find out on Thursday 13th February at 7:30pm at Wynn's Hotel Dublin 1 for a Intensive Islay line up.
We are delighted this will be presented by Fionnán O'Connor, Dr. Jim Clarke and very special guest Ian Macmillan, Master Distiller and Blender.
The lineup has taken months of online searches, persuading friendly souls to part with some very hard to find bottles, trips to London and Edinburgh to collect bottles and checking into the local whiskey shops in Dublin for any left at retail... we can't wait to sit down and be guided though each one of these exceptional expressions:
- Bunnahabhain 18 YO (Unpeated)
- Caol Ila 2018 18 YO (Unpeated) Cask Strength
- Bowmore Dusk (Bordeaux Wine Casked) Cask Strength
- Lagavulin Fèis Ìle 2018 18 YO Cask Strength
- Bruichladdich's Port Charlotte 2007 CC:01 (Cognac Cask) Cask Strength
- Port Ellen 1979 14 YO Signatory
- Laphroaig Fèis Ìle 2016 12 YO Cairdeas (Madeira Cask) Cask Strength
- Ardbeg Kelpie 2017 Ardbeg Day Release
- Kilchoman 2006 12YO The Distillery Shop Cask Strength
We're looking forward to this special tasting series event. Thanks to Fionnán O'Connor for all the work checking though available bottles, Dr. Jim Clarke for all his assistance and coming over especially for the evening and Ian Macmillan for joining us to share his time on Islay as Master Distiller and Blender at Bunnahabhain.
Due to the rarity and quality of the whisky on offer this Special Tasting Series ticket price is €50.00, which will allow the Society to break even for the tasting. As you can imagine we only have one bottle each so spaces are limited so early booking is advised.