Independent Bottlers Whiskey Tasting
Thursday 25th March 2021 at 7:30pm IST
IWS Online LiveStream
The term independent bottlers is deeply-rooted within Irish history with famous names such as: Mitchell & Sons or W&A Gilbeys. These companies sourced their whiskey from the established distilleries at the time and matured and married the liquid in their own creative way to release their own expressions. This enabled innovation and experimentation within the Irish whiskey category as well as offering the consumer a lot more diversified options to choose from.
Currently the Irish whiskey category is growing at an extremely fast pace both within Ireland and worldwide, we are seeing a growing range of independent bottlers appearing.
Which is why for our March tasting we would like to invite our members to experience some of the exciting whiskey from some well regarded Independent bottlers. We are delighted to have these special guests to present and guide us through each of the expressions.
1. Horizon - 10 yr Blend 43% ABV: Matured for at least 10 years in American Bourbon Casks. Finished in Barbados Rum Casks
2. Liberator Storehouse Special. Small Batch Double Port - Cask Strength 62.1% ABV: A blend with high malt content and finished in Tawny and Ruby Port casks.
3. W.D O'Connell 18yr PX Series. Cask Strength 58.16% ABV: Matured in 1st fill bourbon barrels for 17 years and further 13 months in a Pedro Ximénez Sherry cask.
4. Currach Single Malt Cask Strength Founder's Cask Series - Wakame. Cask Strength 58.4% ABV: ex-Bourbon finished in Irish Wakame Seaweed Charred Casks.
5. Two Stacks - Smoke & Mirrors. Cask Strength 58% - Peated Stout Cask Sherry Finish Single Malt - ex-Bourbon & ex-Imperial Stout, Sherry Cask Finish.
Booking opens on Wednesday 10th of March at 7.00pm. This will be a popular event, so please set a reminder to secure your space. Please ensure to complete the event registration delivery form correctly to ensure your sample pack is delivered on time.
Our thanks to Bart & Garrett for filling, packing and dispatching the packs, and Michael for his assistance with shipping.
Once you have registered it is necessary to complete payment via PayPal to secure your booking. Please read the Terms & Conditions: https://www.irishwhiskeysociety.com/Virtual-tasting-terms-conditions/
The event LiveStream will begin at 7:30pm on Thursday 25th of March and is for members only. You will receive a link to the live stream in advance of the tasting. Make sure you are ready with your whiskey tasting glass(es), water and think about any questions you might like to ask on the night or you can email them in beforehand to: email@example.com
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Sláinte,IWS Events Team