President's Tasting 2021
Online Event Thursday 2nd December at 7:30 pm
Rescheduled Date to add bottles and increase capacity...
Brian has put together a special line up for this year's president's tasting, selecting some memorable whiskeys and combing some older & newer releases of expressions enjoyed during his term, we hope you can join us on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021.
The whiskey lineup includes:
1. GREEN SPOT 1990s Botting (40% ABV.)
Pot Still Irish Whiskey bottled for Mitchell & Son Wine and Spirit Merchants.
2. Redbreast Aged 15 Years (46% ABV.)
‘Pure’ Pot Still bottled for La Maison du Whisky 50th Anniversary in 2006 (Trad Pot).
3. The Flintlock No. 3: 15 Year Single Malt (46% ABV.)
Bottled by J.J. Corry Whiskey Bonder, six Irish Malt casks married in a Moscatel Sherry Butt.
4. Killbeggan Small Batch Rye (43% ABV.)
Irish Whiskey distilled from a mash bill of Malted Barley, Unmalted Barley and Rye grains.
5. Midleton Single Pot Still, 2nd Fill ex-Bourbon. Cask Strength (58.2% ABV.)
Cask Sample, component of Powers John’s Lane [Warehouse 23A Cask #49406]
6. Writer’s Tears 2021 Vintage Release. Cask Strength (54.2% ABV.)
Blended Irish Whiskey, Triple Distilled Single Pot Still & Single Malt, ex-Bourbon casks.
We will also be including a Craft Cocktail Whiskey Cocktail from Bar 1661; you can select one from this line up including their special holiday edition 'Festive Old Fashioned':
- Festive Old Fashioned. The Festive Old Fashioned is a slow winter sipper, made using Bullit Bourbon and seasonal flavours of fig, caramel, orange spiced bitters and a dash of PX sherry.
- Old Fashioned. Made to its classic recipe dating back nearly 200 years, there has never been a cocktail with such a fitting name: The Old Fashioned. American whiskey, sugar and bitters - nothing more, nothing less.
- Banana Old Fashioned. A tropical twist on everyone's favourite whiskey cocktail, the Banana Old Fashioned has a Caribbean feel with some overproof rum, banana liqueur and chocolate bitters, all swimming in Bulleit Rye Whiskey.
- Whiskey Sour. The Whiskey Sour is part of a large family of drinks made by mixing lemon, sugar and bitters to your favourite spirit. The original recipe has been tweaked by using Bulleit Bourbon blended with Roe and Co Irish Whiskey and leaving the egg white out.
Booking open. Please ensure to complete your Full Address and Eircode / Postcode correctly to receive your sample pack.
Samples can only be shipped within the Island of Ireland (North & South) to Members of the Society.
Please read the Terms & Conditions:
The event LiveStream will begin at 7:30pm on Thursday 2nd of Dec. You will receive a link to the live stream in advance of the tasting. Make sure you are ready with your whiskey tasting glass(es), water and think about any questions you might like to ask. You can email them in beforehand to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Irish Whiskey Society